Dubai Speeding Ticket
Speeding is a serious offense in Dubai, and the penalties can be severe. If you are caught speeding, you could face a fine of up to AED 3,000, 23 black points, and even the confiscation of your vehicle and license.
Here is a breakdown of the speeding fines in Dubai:
- Exceeding the speed limit by up to 20 km/h: Fine of AED 400 and 4 black points.
- Exceeding the speed limit by 21-40 km/h: Fine of AED 800 and 8 black points.
- Exceeding the speed limit by 41-60 km/h: Fine of AED 1,000 and 12 black points.
- Exceeding the speed limit by 61-80 km/h: Fine of AED 2,000 and 23 black points.
- Exceeding the speed limit by more than 80 km/h: Fine of AED 3,000 and 23 black points, plus possible confiscation of vehicle and license for 60 days.
In addition to the fine, you will also be given black points. Black points are accumulated on your driving license, and if you reach a certain number of points, you will be banned from driving in Dubai.
The speed limit in Dubai varies depending on the road and the time of day. The general speed limit is 60 km/h, but it can be lower in residential areas and near schools. The speed limit is also redused at night.
There are a number of ways to avoid getting a speeding ticket in Dubai. First, make sure you are familiar with the speed limits. Second, always obey the speed limit, even if you think you can get away with speeding. Third, be aware of your surroundings and watch for speed cameras.
Moreover, if you do get a speeding ticket in Dubai, you have a few options. You can pay the fine, contest the ticket, or attend a driving course. If you contest the ticket, you will need to go to court. If you attend a driving course, the fine amount will be low.
Speeding is a serious offense in Dubai, and the penalties can be severe. By following the tips above, you can help avoid getting a speeding ticket and keep your driving record clean.
Here are some additional tips for avoiding a speeding fines in Dubai:
- Use cruise control to maintain a steady speed.
- Be aware of the speed of the traffic around you.
- Don’t tailgate other vehicles.
- Stop for traffic lights and signs.
- Slow down in construction zones and school zones.
- Take extra care when driving at night, as the speed limit is low.
By following these tips, you can help keep yourself and others safe on the roads of Dubai.